Saturday, September 24, 2011

Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker: Heavens Divide


If you played Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker for the PlayStation Portable then you'll definitely remember this song playing at the background. This is the ending song to the first half of the game and is sometimes used as The Boss's theme. You can grab the lyrics below: ­­

Heavens Divide
By: Donna Burke

Petals of white
Cover fields flowing in grieving tears
And all the hearts once new, old and shattered now
Love can kill, love will die
Give me wings to fly
Fleeing this world so cold
I just wonder why

Cold as the dark
Now my words, are frosted with every breath
Still the hate burns wild, growing inside this heart
When the wind changes course, when the stars align
I will reach out to you and leave this all behind
When heavens divide

When heavens divide
I will see the choices within my hands
How can we ever protect and fight with our tiny souls
Let me shine like the sun through the doubts and fear
Do you feel the storm approach as the end draws near

When heavens divide
Time will come to softly lay me down
Then I can see a face that I long to see
And for you, only you I would give anything
Leaving a trace for love to find a way

When heavens divide

I will dive into the fire
Spilling the blood of my desire
The very last time
My name scorched into the sky

When heavens divide
I will see the choices within my hands
How can we ever protect and fight with our tiny souls
Let me shine like the sun through the doubts and fear
Do you feel the storm approach as the end draws near

When heavens divide
Time will come to softly lay me down
Then I can see a face that I long to see
And for you, only you I would give anything
Leaving a trace for love to find a way

When heavens divide

And for you, only you I would give anything
Leaving a trace for love to find a way

When heavens divide

   

Overall, I love the meaning of the song because it fits The Boss perfectly. It's almost as if she was the one singing it. Also, I saw the trailer for Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker HD for the PlayStation 3 and the Xbox 360. From what I've seen, it looks damn good although it looks exactly the same, only with high-definition graphics.

11 comments:

neatfit said...

I like this song, the lyrics are really nice too. You're right, it has a cool meaning. It will probably be the same game with better looking textures and a few additions, I hope they don't begin cashing in on the franchise, not trying to improve it or anything. I've made a daily post about your comment too ;).

Hasidic Plumber said...

I don't love the song, but i love MGS, so i guess that it evens out and we are all happy hahaha i reaaaaaally loved MGS.

Anonymous said...

I like the song. :D

DWei said...

I've never finished an MGS game sadly...

Fang said...

I have never for the life of me played a Metal gear game, but I went out with my crush today, and this.. this song. BAWWW so beautiful

Mai Yang said...

I thought it's a heavy metal song. heheh

sounds like an OST in an anime series or any Asian series. hehe!

how did you know by the way that "Also, "There's nothing in my head, Chai... Haha" -when it was inputted in bisaya? :D just curious. hehe

like the song btw :)

Shaw said...

MGS always has great music.

Jase said...

Great blog - awesome design! Followed!

Mai Yang said...

re your comment: I see ^_^ Now I know. hehe ^_^ and yip, Nikki isn't Chai's bf and her name is Ching btw :), but I call her Chai..^_^

Bob said...

Nice song. :(
I only played the first MGS.

Bob said...

That was supposed to be "smiley" not "frowny" .. :/

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment here.

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Powerade Coupons
Cirnopoly © Lord Phrozen | Cirno © ZUN | Nendroid © Good Smile Company | Powered by Blogger